Since its inception in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has been providing high-quality LLC formation and registered agent services to people. Not only has Northwest built a strong reputation as a registered agent but is also making its mark in the field of LLC formation services.
Northwest Registered Agent is a well-respected formation service that provides legal services to its clients. In this comprehensive review, we discuss the features and details that set Northwest Registered Agent apart from their competitors.
Let’s see what they offer and why are they a good choice for you!
Thinking about forming an LLC? Don’t know where to begin? Don’t worry! To incorporate your business, you can hire a professional formation service to handle the legal paperwork for you. With the help of expert formation services like the Northwest Registered Agent, you can get the help you are looking for.
More often than not, when you try to form an LLC and check out the website of your state of formation, the information you find here will be haphazard and confusing. This leads to confusion rather than solution. Fortunately, with the help of the right LLC formation service, you can get the legal paperwork taken care of!
Now comes the million-dollar question: Which LLC formation service to use? With so many options available, it can be a bit overwhelming to make the right choice. However, what you need is to get your hands on authentic information about the features of the formation services. This is exactly what we are here for!
Want to know the details of the services provided by Northwest Registered Agent? Read on to know more!
Northwest Registered Agent Pros and Cons
Benefits of Northwest Registered Agent
- Professional Customer Support. What we really like about Northwest is their highly professional customer support. The customer representatives are highly-trained Corporate Guides. They are not only polite and courteous, but they also have ample knowledge about LLC formation and registered agent services.
They have a dedicated sales team and if you call them up, you will get to speak with a person who knows what they are talking about. The representatives know the ins and outs of LLC formation in all the states, which is pretty impressive. The customer services are available Monday to Friday – 6 am – 5 pm Pacific Time.
- One –Year of Registered Agent Service. If you use the LLC formation service of Northwest, you will get one year of registered agent service as well. Whether you choose their Registered Agent service or their LLC formation service, you will get two additional features free of cost – Annual Report Reminders and Free Online Account.
They will inform you via email about the annual filing deadline so that you don’t miss it! Moreover, any mail that they get on your behalf will be scanned by them and uploaded to your online account.
- No Confusing Packages. The tagline of Northwest Registered Agent is “we’re not annoying” and that is exactly what you get from them. With no hidden fees, confusing packages, and upsells, they are as straightforward as you can get. You get premium Registered Agent and LLC formation services from them at affordable rates.
- Privacy First. Even though technology has helped us a lot and made our lives easier, all of this has come at the cost of our privacy. Many companies use your personal information to third-parties to earn more, but this is not the case with Northwest.
At Northwest, the protection of your data and privacy is very important. If you share any information with them, it will stay with them. Period. Not only will your information remain safe, but you will also be free from spam and marketing solicitations.
When we put our address on our LLC filing, it gets listed on public records. Since the databases of states are publicly available, your address will start appearing on Google searches. You don’t want that, right? With the help of Northwest, you can use their address and keep yours off the public records!
Whether you hire them as Registered Agent or use their LLC formation service, you can use their address regardless of the fact! With friendly and highly helpful customer support and the ability to use their address to keep your private, Northwest Registered Agent is a pretty solid choice.
Disadvantages of Northwest Registered Agent
- Expensive. The starting price point of Northwest is high. There are many other LLC formation services out there that cost less. Even though their service quality is good, if you are on a tight budget, then you will not be able to use their services.
- Fewer User Reviews. User reviews and feedback are very important when it comes to selecting any service or product. There are quite a few user reviews for Northwest’s services, but as compared to their competitors, the number is slightly low. Although this isn’t technically a disadvantage, those of you who go through user reviews may be put off by this.
Northwest Registered Agent LLC Formation Packages
Northwest Registered Agent is Excellent Value for Money
Do you get your money’s worth at Northwest Registered Agent Service? Absolutely. Even though their prices are a bit higher than other LLC formation services out there, the value they provide in terms of privacy, excellent customer support, and efficient service, is second to none.
There are no varying packages at Northwest. You have only one filing option. This means that you will not have to spend time and energy trying to figure out which plan suits your needs. This no-nonsense approach is what makes them stand out from their counterparts.
LLC Formation Service – $225
At Northwest Registered Agent, the LLC formation service costs $225 along with the state fee. This price includes the cost of filing as well as the registered agent fee. The state fee is the LLC processing amount which varies from state to state.
The Northwest Registered Agent LLC formation service has the following features:
- Full Address Use
- Dedicated Corporate Guides
- One Day Business Filing
- Initial Resolutions
- Stock Certificates
- Online Account
- Annual Filing Compliance
- Mail Scans
- Name Availability Search
- Name Availability Search. Have you chosen a name for your business? Don’t know whether it has been claimed by someone else or not? You don’t have to search for your state’s database yourself. If you use their LLC formation service, Northwest would do that for you!
- Articles of Organization – Preparation and Filing. Articles of organization are the documents that outline the basic information of your company so that you can officially form an LLC in your state. Not only will they file the documents on your behalf, but they will also prepare them for you as well.
- Registered Agent Service. If you form an LLC in the United States, you are legally obligated to have a registered agent. A registered agent is a person who receives important documents from the state on your behalf. Although they offer registered agent service separately, if you opt for their LLC formation service, you will be able to use them as your registered agent for one year. After that, you will have to renew your service if you want.
- Business Operating Agreement. A business operating agreement is the document that outlines the hierarchy of your business and describes the business model as well as the ownership structure of your organization. Even though it is a legal obligation, it is still a handy document, and is highly recommended that you have one.
- Online Document Access. Northwest provides you an online account where you can keep your documents. Moreover, whenever you receive any mail at Northwest’s address, they will scan it and upload it. You will also get a notification to inform you that you have new mail.
If you want hard copies of the documents, Northwest will be happy to forward your mail to your address as well.
- Annual Report Reminders. It is human nature to forget things. But if you forget something as important as your annual filing deadline, there are going to be consequences. To help you out, Northwest will send you email notifications before your due date to ensure that you don’t miss the deadline for the annual report.
All these services are a part of the basic package they offer. If you want additional services, you will have to avail of them separately. A few optional services they offer are:
- Employer ID Number. We all have social security numbers, right? An EIN is a social security number but not for an individual. Rather, it is a 9-digit number for businesses. With the help of this number, you can open business bank accounts, hire employees, file business taxes, etc. Instead of having to obtain your EIN from the IRS yourself, you can pay $50 to Northwest to do so for you.
- Get Taxed as S-Corporation. If you want your business to be treated as an S-corporation, then you can do so by paying an amount of $50 to Northwest. You will be taxed as an S-Corporation instead of a regular LLC.
- Second Telephone Number. Want a separate telephone number for your business? You can choose an area code and get your calls forwarded to that number by paying only $9 to Northwest. This is perfect for keeping your personal and professional lives separate.
- Corporate Supplies. When you start a new business, you need office supplies such as books, seals, notary stamps, certificates, etc. You can get them Northwest at varied prices as well.
Northwest Registered Agent Customer Reviews
Northwest Registered Agent Service has been around for more than two decades and has helped a lot of users incorporate their businesses. However, there are not a lot of user reviews and feedback that we can check out.
Other formation services have thousands of user reviews whereas Northwest only has a few hundred. However, the reviews and ratings are stellar and the customers are satisfied with the service they get.
Moreover, there are a couple of negative reviews but what matters is that Northwest takes time to apologize for the inconvenience and do whatever they can to fix the situation. With a 4.6 rating on Google and 152 reviews along with a 4-star rating on Yelp, we would say that it is safe to use their services.
The majority of the reviews online praise the customer support they get along with fast processing speed. Moreover, they have a 4.5-star rating on BBB which shows that even though the number of reviews isn’t high, the quality of their work is satisfying.
Best Northwest Registered Agent Alternative
You landed on this review looking specifically for information about Northwest and their LLC formation services, but for us to provide a fair review we also need to make it clear that they may not be the best option, depending on your needs.
They do offer the best registered agent service (the hint is in their name!) but for a straightforward LLC formation, there are better and cheaper alternatives. This is why for most entrepreneurs and business owners, we recommend ZenBusiness.
ZenBusiness is the LLC Jet recommended service because their price is incredibly low, the customer support is top-notch, and they include everything you would want when forming your company in a simple package intended to get your company formed fast.
To find out more, read our comprehensive ZenBusiness LLC review.
Is Northwest Registered Agent Worth It?
So, do we recommend Northwest Registered Agent and think it is worth your money? Yes, we do. The advantages of using Northwest far outweigh any disadvantages. They provide excellent overall value as well as friendly customer support.
When it comes to choosing a formation service, there are a lot of factors that you need to look at. Obviously, the prices for their services are a bit higher than others, but the quality of their work makes them second to none.
- Top-notch Customer Service. As a beginner, it is a given that you will not have a lot of knowledge on how to incorporate your business. You can search the internet for answers but it will take a lot of time and energy. Moreover, there will be no guarantee that the information is authentic and reliable.
What makes Northwest a really valuable service is its dedicated Corporate Guides. These trained individuals are there for your ease – you can ask them any question and they will help you with everything you need. Not only will you get an accurate answer, but you will get so in a very short time. Moreover, if you want to talk to a specific support representative since you had a good experience with them in the past, you will have that option as well.
- Ease of Use. The Northwest services are easy to use and straightforward. The website is user-friendly and the order process is swift and hassle-free. Since there are no packages or different price plans, you don’t have to spend time choosing which plan suits your needs. The prices of each additional feature are laid out clearly and there are no ambiguities.
If you are searching for personalized customer support, along with a full year of registered agent service, then Northwest Registered Agent is the perfect choice for you. However, there are other services out there with a higher number of user feedback and cheaper prices. If this is what you are looking for, then Northwest Registered Agent is not the formation service for you.
- Cost Value. Northwest doesn’t have different packages. They offer their services at a fixed rate. The services they provide are straight forward, and if you need additional features, you will have to pay for them separately. The price is slightly higher as compared to their competitors but the quality is top-notch.
Northwest Registered Agent has rates that are higher than other services. If quality customer service and a full year of registered agent service is what you are looking for, then Northwest is a good choice. If you are on a tight budget, then there are other quality services that you should take a look at.
Compare All LLC Services
See how Northwest Registered Agent LLC compares to other LLC formation services like LegalZoom
Northwest Registered Agent FAQs
We get a lot of questions about Northwest Registered Agent and to help you make an informed buying decision, we'll continue to answer and update the frequently asked questions below.
Being the owner of a new business or a start-up is overwhelming. With so many things to take care of and processes to oversee, it will be difficult for you in the start and you should take help from professionals. Northwest Registered Agent has been providing quality services for over two decades and is quite popular in the industry as well as the users.
Unlike other formation services, there are no upsells at Northwest. The process is uncluttered and simple. Various services will push you to choose add-on services with your packages, but that is not the case with Northwest.
They have a fixed-price and provide all the services under a single plan. You don’t have to spend time choosing the plan that fits your needs. Moreover, they have a professional, highly-trained, and polite staff at customer services.
You get a full year of registered agent service with the LLC formation service. Moreover, they don’t send your documents to scanning hubs – rather, they scan each document they get locally! If money is not an issue for you, and you are looking for premium services and a hassle-free incorporation process, then Northwest is the formation service for you.
Here’s to your bright and successful future!