The Best LLC Services to Get Your New Company Started
We help you to find the best LLC service for your needs. Quickly, easily, and for the best price possible.
If you've landed on this page then chances are you want to form an LLC for your new company.
You're probably excited to just get your new company up and running and if you're like most entrepreneurs and small business owners, you want to do it cheap and fast, without hiring a lawyer!
Does that sound like you? If so, then no need to panic. We've done the hard work so you don't have to. Our team have incorporated over 100 companies and we've used all of the formation services — so we know which are the best!
Don't spend $1000's of dollars and hours in paperwork to hire an attorney. Below, we'll cover the top 7 LLC services on the web, and then break down each of them further into their own detailed review.
Keep reading to find out what the best LLC service for you is.
Best Overall Service
ZenBusiness provides the absolute best value of all the LLC services we have reviewed. Based in Texas and founded in 2015, they have helped thousands of business owners just like you to incorporate quickly and easily – with the positive customer reviews to back it up.
Not only do they provide best-in-class service, but they are a company that is also doing a lot of good socially. With their Kiva.org partnership, ZenBusiness helps to start and support women- and minority-owned businesses to get started in the form of startup capital they wouldn't otherwise be able to get.
- The ZenBusiness starter package includes everything you need to create an LLC
- For $49 you get:
- Complete LLC formation
- 12-months of free registered agent service
- Customizable operating agreement
- A free CPA consultation with their experts
- Best-in-class customer support. ZenBusiness has over 4,600 reviews with an average of 4.8 out 5. (source: Trustpilot)
- ZenBusiness also provide support for starting and running your newly formed business, by taking care of the annual report filing and other ongoing LLC requirements. (note: this is included in the Worry Free Guarantee in the Pro package)
If you are looking to form an LLC quickly, with a company that provides incredible service and a socially responsible ethos, ZenBusiness is the best overall value.
If you want a very cheap LLC service to get set up for the lowest cost possible, that's IncFile.
Now, just because they are cheap, doesn't mean they aren't a top quality service. Since 2004, they have incorporated over 500,000 businesses and have a 4.8 star rating from close to 20,000 reviews (source: Shopper Approved).
Note: since IncFile prices start at $0, you should expect some element of upsells for additional service that comes as standard with other services like ZenBusiness.
- You get a full year of registered agent service and lifetime alerts for filing deadlines
- As mentioned, 20k reviews with a 4.8 out of 5 star rating means IncFile is an incredibly well-liked and reliable LLC formation service
- IncFile reviews often talk about their excellent customer support and helpful agents. They offer support by all channels (email, chat, and phone) so you can get help whenever and wherever you need it.
Bottom line: if you are on a very tight budget and just need to get an LLC set up for the lowest possible price you can, IncFile is virtually free (although you might need to purchase upsells to get other features you need).
To find out more, read our comprehensive IncFile LLC review.
LLC Services: The Best of the Rest
It's very likely that you'll go with either ZenBusiness or IncFile for your LLC service. Those are the best options in most cases. In an effort to be completely transparent and give you as many choices as we possibly can, below are the best of the remaining LLC services that we have tried ourselves.
Northwest Registered Agent is a premium brand and, as you can see, it comes with a price tag to match. They are one of the first companies to offer LLC formation way back in 1998 and are one of the most well-known business formation services out there.
As we've said already, most people are going to want ZenBusiness at $39. However, if you want premium white-glove service with incredible customer support, that's Northwest.
- Unlike other LLC services, Northwest doesn't upsell you, so the process is simple and uncluttered (just how we like it). Some services (cough, LegalZoom) will try to push you into many different add-ons that you might not need.
- Northwest has the best customer service going. Seriously, their team are knowledgeable, friendly, and fast to answer. If you've ever been on hold (either on the phone or live chat) and felt the frustration of bad support, you know how important this is!
- You get a full year of Northwest registered agent service (usually $125/year). They put a lot of love and attention into the service and to our knowledge are still the only major LLC service provider that locally scans every document they receive for your company.
Bottom line: Northwest is the premium service with incredible customer service and a painless incorporation process free of any upsells. If you value your time and energy more than money, it may be worth it just for how straightforward the Northwest Registered Agent service is.
To find out more, read our comprehensive Northwest Registered Agent LLC review.
Much like IncFile, Inc Authority is free LLC service provider that offers upsells to paid packages for additional features. Since they began in 1989, they have formed more than 130,000 companies.
While their platform and UI does leave a lot to be desired (sometimes it's a little confusing) they do have some nice features that could work for entrepreneurs working with a tight budget.
Note: even though the free LLC service is a good offer, if you want any additional features with Inc Authority, the cheapest package begins at a whopping $399.
- Included in their free LLC service, Inc Authority (like many other paid services) offer one year of registered agent service at no cost.
- With over 4,500 reviews and a 4.8 out 5 star rating, you can be very confident that the Inc Authority LLC service is high quality (source: Trustpilot).
- One slight snag here for them. If you do purchase a plan, they do not provide refunds for any reason. Make sure you are certain before purchasing as you can't get your money back – no matter what!
If you don't have money to spend on incorporation (and don't want to use IncFile for some reason) then Inc Authority is the only other option for free LLC formations (plus state fees, of course).
To find out more, read our comprehensive Inc Authority LLC review.
Chances are, you've heard of LegalZoom. They are one of the biggest brands in the company formation industry and have spent a lot of marketing dollars to get there.
If you want a service that has handled huge volumes of LLC formations, then LegalZoom is for you.
LegalZoom is more expensive and has fewer features than ZenBusiness, and their support doesn't match up to Northwest, but they are still a very popular and widely used service.
- Since 1999, LegalZoom has helped to form over 1 million businesses! I doubt any competitors have incorporated anywhere close to that.
- Even though generally their support isn't as good as Northwest, they do have extended customer support hours which for new business owners starting early or working late is very useful. They're available until 10pm ET on weekdays and until 7pm ET on the weekend.
- The purchase process on LegalZoom is one of the worst ever. It's like being stuck in a neverending tunnel of upsells and options for registered agent service, federal tax ID, business tax software, legal services, compliance help, and the list goes on and on.
- If you somehow accepted all of the upsells available you would end up paying $1,080 in your first year and that doesn't even include your state registration fees!
Bottom line: if you want to go with a reliable and well-known company that has been around for over 20 years, LegalZoom might be for you.
To find out more, read our comprehensive LegalZoom LLC review.
Rocket Lawyer offers a host of legal services in addition to straight-up LLC formation. If you also need a lawyer (to set up non competes, business terms and conditions etc) then Rocket Lawyer could kill two birds with one stone.
- Get access to advanced services with your LLC formation. Including attorney consultations, an extensive legal document library, and more.
- Rocket Lawyer have worked with over 7 million business clients and 20 million total customers since they started in 2008. For a company that has only been around for 12 years, that is an incredible volume.
- They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not happy with the Rocket Lawyer service for any reason in the first 30 days, you'll get the issue fixed or your money back.
Bottom line: if you need legal services as well as LLC formation services, go with Rocket Lawyer. Otherwise, there are better options available.
To find out more, read our comprehensive Rocket Lawyer LLC review.
MyCompanyWorks is a solid, dependable, mid-size company in the LLC formation services industry. Since 2001 they have formed 60,000 businesses. You feel cared for with MCW, which doesn't always happen with the larger services.
- MyCompanyWorks has over 3,400 reviews with a rating of 4.9/5.0 stars.
- At $79, they aren't the cheapest, but they also aren't the most expensive either.
- They don't offer free registered agent service in their base plan (something which is included with most of the other services) and you have to upgrade in order to get it.
- Their customer support is exceptional and, during business hours, they will reply to your voicemails and email tickets in less than 20 minutes!
- They have a really neat Startup Wizard LLC formation checklist that helps you through the setup process without missing any crucial steps.
Bottom line: if you want to work with a smaller company and have lightning-fast customer support, give MyCompanyWorks a shot.
To find out more, read our comprehensive MyCompanyWorks LLC review.
Which is the Best LLC Service for Me?
Picking the best LLC formation service your new company can be confusing and overwhelming, especially when a lot of the options are very similar to each other.
To make this easy for you, we think most people should go with ZenBusiness or IncFile as they are the best rated services you can use.
Which one you choose is really down to you, but ultimately:
- Choose ZenBusiness if you want the absolute best value and overall service from a top-quality company.
- Choose IncFile if you want the cheapest option possible to start your new company.
For the best overall value, ZenBusiness is our recommended LLC formation service.
For the cheapest LLC formation service.
Pros and Cons of Using LLC Formation Service
One of the main questions we get asked is why should you use a formation service instead of just doing it yourself? Let's take a quick look at the pros and cons of using a formation service.